Student Account Refund Eligibility
- Students registered at least 1/2 time (200 Units) in a degree-seeking program for Federal Loans.
- Credits that exceed the cost of tuition, fees, and other charges associated with registration.
Types of Student Account Refunds
- Federal loans
- Private loans
- Institutional Student Loans
- Qualified Scholarships
- Parent Plus Loans- refunds are sent directly to the parent borrower. To authorize parent plus loan refunds payable to the student, parents must give consent by contacting College Aid.
- Cash Refunds – If an over-payment of cash is made to the Student Account the credit balance is retained until the close of the Add/Drop period at which time they are automatically generated. Additionally, refunds generated by cash payments may be held up to 14 days to ensure the funds have cleared.
Student Account Refund Delivery Dates
Generally most loans and qualified scholarships disburse 10 days before the start of the quarter.
Please check with your financial aid office for your specific disbursement dates and if your individual eligibility criteria has been satisfied.
How to Receive Your Student Account Refund
Follow these 4 quick and easy steps to enroll in Direct Deposit:
- Access your myUChicago
- Click on the Finances Tab
- Go to My Account
- Follow the prompts for Direct Deposit
Direct Deposit delivery will typically occur within 3 to 5 business days.
Paper checks are mailed to student’s physical address on myUChicago for those not enrolled in Direct Deposit. If a physical address has not been provided, refunds are mailed to students’ Home/Permanent address. Paper check delivery typically occurs within 5-7 business days.