- Student eBill/ePay access: myUChicago Portal
- When making an online ACH payment, use your checking account and bank routing numbers. If you need assistance, contact your bank to confirm these numbers.
- Authorized Users access: Enrolled User Link
- Non-Authorized Third-Party Payers visit: Tuition Pay Store
- Pay from many different countries and banks;
- Reduce the cost of foreign exchange and bank fees;
- Receive 24×7 multilingual customer support;
- Track your payment from start to finish;
- Ensures easy identification of your international payment.
Paper Check/College Savings Plan
- Make paper check payable to: University of Chicago
- Include on memo line: Student Name and 8-digit ID Number
- Mail to: Office of the Bursar, University of Chicago, 6030 S. Ellis Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637
UChicago Quarterly Payment Plan
College Degree Seeking Students
Autumn 2021 Payment Plan enrollment opens September 6, 2021 and closes October 15, 2021.
(Autumn Payment Plan Due Dates are September 25, October 28, and November 25)
- Quarterly Payment Plan Details
- Quarterly Payment Plan Budget Calculation
- Quarterly Payment Plan Enrollment
- QPP Maintenance Requirements
The $30 enrollment fee is paid at the time of enrollment or with the first installment, whichever occurs earliest. Automatic electronic monthly deductions from checking or savings* is the preferred method of payment. Payments must be made online if you do not elect to participate in automatic deductions. Late payments may be assessed a late fee. Details are available at the time of enrollment.
Enrollees will continue to receive a monthly EBill reflecting their payments and charges for their records. Payment due dates will mirror those in the EBill.
- Direct Charges are based on your enrollment and individual choices regarding housing, study abroad and/or student health insurance.
- Expected Credits are determined by the individual resources you have access to beyond your payment plan including any outside scholarships or financial aid expected to be paid on your behalf.
All charges and credits will be displayed on the first billing statement of the quarter and should be used as reference in determining the amount of the Quarterly Payment Plan.
If you are a financial aid recipient and have applied for financial aid for the upcoming year, a financial aid award package is necessary to calculate an accurate budget when enrolling in the QPP.
If you are a financial aid recipient you may choose to wait until your financial aid credits are applied before formally enrolling in the payment plan as full amounts will be calculated until these credits formally transact to your account.
For more information regarding the status of your financial aid award package please contact the appropriate program Financial Aid Office.
Here is a sample QPP calculation:
|Direct Charges||Expected Credits||Quarterly Plan Amount (Charges-Credits)||Monthly Payment|
|College Tuition $23,000||UChicago Grant $10,000|
|Fees/Insurance $1,968||National Merit $333|
|Total: $24,968||Total: $10,333||$14,635||$4,479|
- Students may enroll in the plan via myUChicago and EBill/EPay.
- Authorized Payers may enroll in the plan via their own Portal.
In order to determine an accurate calculation of your QPP please ensure you and your student has knowledge of exact financial aid, scholarships, or additional funding contributing toward their direct charges.
Payment plan balances updated with charges and credits on a daily basis.
If your payment plan balance needs to be increased you will receive an email requesting an approval to increase your payment plan amounts.If you do not accept a requested change to your budget within 10 days of notification, your payment plan enrollment will be withdrawn and all charges will be due immediately.If your payment plan balance needs to be decreased your next payment will be decreased automatically.Those who do not successfully complete their payment plan will not be allowed to enroll in a subsequent payment plan and are subject to late fees and Student Account Hold Policies. Additional terms of the payment plan are available for review at the time of enrollment.For more information QPP please Contact Us or call 773-702-8000
The following links provide additional information: University of Chicago Employees University of Chicago Hospital Employees The Bursar’s Office will update student accounts with tuition remission credits upon approval by the respective Benefit Offices.College and Graduate students may view current information on their tuition account at my.UChicago.